Sunday, September 6, 2009

Monday Menu on Sunday Nite

What beautiful weather we are having. Sunny and clear and no doubt that Fall is now in the air, there's actually a chill this evening. With that being the case, it makes me look for stew or soup type meals. I dug out my crock pot and popped over to A Year of Slow Cooking and found this lovely looking dish ...

Slow Cooker Sausage & Vegetables Medley
to complete dinner we will have
Whole Wheat Biscuits
Salad
Chocolate Pudding

Right now I have 6 Italian Turkey Sausage and 2 Italian Sausage browning in the oven to use tomorrow in this recipe. The recipe is as follows:

5-6 chicken or turkey sausage links
1/2 package mushrooms
1-2 medium potatoes
few stalks of celery
some baby carrots
some broccoli
some cauliflower (will be leaving that out, one of my favorites, but not the family's)
2 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup white wine (not a necessity, so will probably not use)

Layer vegetables, (most to least dense) in crock pot
add sliced sausage
add broth and wine
cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4
right before serving can add a handful of fresh spinach and cover for 10 minutes to wilt leaves

I'll be adding whatever else I find in the fridge, i.e., peppers ...

The original recipe and pictures are here:
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/01/crockpot-sausage-and-vegetables-medley.html
A Year of Slow Cooking is by Stephanie O'Dea ... I know you will love this blog. Wait till you see her book!

No comments:

Post a Comment