Make yourself familiar
with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen they are present with you.
-St. Francis de Sales
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Victorian Motif - free pattern
Six easy and simple crochet rows for a lovely motif. I did starch and block one, another one I just shaped by pulling it into shape so it doesn't even have to be blocked or ironed. I think you can see the difference in the pictures. As much as I love the window ornament I think my favorite is the package embellishment (pictures below). Thinking I will add some of these to my Christmas tree as well. What ever way you choose, I hope you will enjoy this as much as I do.
Small amount of crochet thread, size 4 steel hook
1. Chain 8, join. Chain 2, (counts as 1st half double crochet), 11 half double crochets in ring, join to top of beginning chain. (12 half double crochets)
2. Chain 3, double crochet in same stitch as join, 2 double crochet in each stitch around, join to top of beginning chain. (24 double crochets).
3. Chain 4, treble crochet in same stitch as join, *treble in next stitch, 2 treble crochets in next stitch* around, join to top of beginning chain. (36 treble crochets)
4. Chain 6, (counts as beginning chain 3 and 1 double crochet), *double crochet in next stitch, chain 3*, around, join to 3rd chain of beginning chain. (36 spaces)
5. Slip stitch into space, chain 1, single crochet in same space, *chain 9, skip one space, single crochet in next space* around, join to first single crochet.
6. Slip stitch into space, 11 single crochet in space, *11 double crochet in next space, 11 treble crochet in next space,* 11 double crochet in next space, 11 single crochets in each of next 6 spaces, repeat from * to *, then 11 single crochet in each of next 5 spaces, join to lst single crochet. Fasten off.
Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen's Prayer for Spiritual Adoption
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the preborn child that I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion.
Glory of The Season
Almighty God, Father of all nations, For freedom you have set us free in Christ Jesus. We praise you and bless you for the gift of religious liberty, The foundation of human rights, justice, and the common good. Grant to our leaders the wisdom to protect and promote our liberties; By your grace may we have the courage to defend them, For ourselves and for all those who live in this blessed land. We ask this through the intercession of Mary Immaculate, our patroness, And in the name of your Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ, In the unity of the Holy Spirit, With whom you live and reign, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Today is special ...
Today is God's gift to you, how you use it is your gift to God
Before the Threshold of My Day
I've much to do today, dear Lord, But let me kneel a bit Before the threshold of my day That I may enter it With mind serene and heart made fresh with fragrant heavenly dew. That every moment of the day I'll be reflecting you.
May today there be peace within.
May you trust that you are exactly
where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities
that are born of faith in yourself and others.
May you use the gifts that you have received,
and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content with yourself just the way
Let this knowledge settle into your bones,
and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance,
praise and love. It is there for each and
every one of us.