Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer Doily - July Doily of The Month



Summer Doily - A Little Doily - 6 inches in diameter
Size 10 crochet thread, 2 colors; size 4 hook, chain 6, join to first chain to form ring.

1. Ch3, (counts as 1st dc) 11 dc in ring, join, 12 dc.
2. Ch3, dc in same sp as join, 2 dc in next dc and in each dc around, 24 dc.
3. Ch 3, dc in same st as join, *dc in next st, 2 dc in next * around, join, 36 dc.
4. Ch 6, sk 1 dc, dc in next st., *ch 3, sk 1 st, dc in next dc* around, join in 3rd ch of beg ch.
5. Ch 1, sc in same st as join, *3 sc in sp, sc in dc, * around, join in first sc.
6. Ch 1, sc in same st as join, *sk 1 st, 5 dc in next st, sk 1 st, sc in next st* around, join.
7. Sl st to middle st of shell, *ch 6, sc in middle st of next shell* around, join to 1st sc.
8. Ch 1, sc in same st as join, *7sc in next sp, sc in sc* around, join to 1st sc.
9. Ch 1, sc in same st as join, *skip 3 sc, 7d in next sc, skip 3 sc, sc in next* around, join.
10 St st to middle st of shell, ch 1, sc in same st, *ch8, sc in middle st of next shell* around, join.
11. Ch 1, sc in same st as join, *9 sc in next sp, sc in sc* around, join. Fasten off.
12. Join new color, ch 3, dc in next sc and in each sc around, join to 3rd ch of beg chain.
Fasten off.
For thread ribbon: chain 85 using a double thickness of thread. Weave into doily.


23 comments:

  1. Lovely!!! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so pretty Glor.scallops one of my favorite...put this on the too do list. thanks for sharing your pattern...gotta name for this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty! I have so many projects I want to try. But today is packing and errands as tomorrow is our road trip to Upstate NY. Have a wonderful weekend. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. they really are!:)....



      -Caroline:)-

      Delete
  5. Glorious - love the added ribbon and bow, really adds something x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. I too, love to crochet. Looks like a fun easy pattern I must do. Thanks for sharing. karie @ karieschiccreations

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I found your blog - this is a candy store for crocheters. I absolutely love your dollies and the tutorial too. Hello! I'm happily following your blog now. I found it on one of the blog hops. I hope you'll come visit and following my blog too so we can be blogging buddies. I love crocheting and I know I can learn a few things around here. Smiles.

    Haupi
    http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! But then I love all your posts-ha! Thanks for your visit and lovely comment! hugs, K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the pattern. I have it printed out. I always love visiting your blog. It is so warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty, I wish I could crochet!

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Doily-of-the-month yahoo group has picked your doily for September 2011! It's is super cute and I can't wait to make it!
    Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your "easy" doilies are so pretty do you have a table cloth in a similar pattern??

    ReplyDelete
  13. would like to print the pattern for July doily,
    how to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The easiest way I know to print is to highlight the pattern, then copy to any word program, even to an email note and print. Let me know if you can do that, if not give me your email address and I will send to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This pattern is so pretty..it is my first attempt at crocheting a doily..I am stuck on row 4 ..instuctions say to sk 1 dc, dc in ext st..I know ext is exterior but I really don't know what to do..can any one help?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty.
    I made it with peach and blue.Thank you so much for the tutorial.It was the easiest crochet tutorial i came across.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used this beautiful pattern to make mason jar toppers.
    I have started my Christmas gifts. I will fill the jars with candies I know my friends and family like. Some will be filled with scent.

    ReplyDelete