This is a so very simple crochet project. Good companion to watching tv.
Its smaller then an afghan, larger then a lapghan, just perfect for a winter's afternoon of covering up, hot tea by your side and settling in for a good read. The one here measures 50 X 34 inches.
With Size J Hook and a pound of yarn (actually used about 3/4 of the skein)
Chain 76, sc in 2nd ch from hook and across ... 75 sc, ch2 and turn.
1. DC in same st as turning ch and next st., *ch2 sk 1dc, dc in next st*, repeat across to last two sc ... dc in each sc, ch 2 and turn.
2. Dc in same st as turning ch, dc in next st, *ch 2, sc in ch 2 sp, ch 2, dc in dc* to last 2 st, dc in each, ch 2 and turn
3. DC in turning ch st and next st, *ch 2, sk ch 2 sp, dc in next dc*, repeat across to last 2 dc, dc in each, ch 2 and turn
Repeat rows 2 and 3 to desired length, ending with row 3 and with ch 1 instead of 2 at end of this row and turn.
4. sc in turning ch and next st and across with only one sc in each ch 2 sp, ch 1, turn
5. sc in each st across and fasten off.