Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Crocheted Thread Wreath




This little crocheted wreath (about 4" X 3 1/2" after blocking) is so very Merry Christmas. It is the right size to adorn a package or to hang on a door, in the window, or any where you want a touch of holiday.

Materials:
Small Amounts of Green and Red Size 10 Thread
Size B Hook
Starch, Glue

Using a size b hook and a small amount of green size 10 thread
-Chain 31, sc in 2nd chain from hook and across.-Join to first sc to form a circle.-Chain 3, dc in next 3 stitches, 2 dc in next stitch, *dc in next 4 stitches, 2 dc in next stitch*, repeat * * around and join in top of chain 3.-Chain 3, dc in next 7 stitches, 2 dc in next stitch, *dc in next 8 stitches, 2 dc in next stitch*, repeat * * around and join in top of chain 3.
-Chain 2, hdc in next 2 stitches, 2 hdc in next stitch, *hdc in next 3 stitches, 2 hdc in next stitch*, repeat * * around, join in top of chain 2.-*Chain 4, skip 2 stitches, sc in next stitch*, repeat around join, fasten off. Weave in ends.





To Block, dip wreath in starch, squeeze out excess and stretch out and pin to board to dry.

Measure 60 inches of red thread, fold in half and chain 45, fasten off. Make bow. Glue bow to wreath. Use plain or decorate with tiny beads or flowers.

I hung one in my kitchen window and its so cute, I really like this (if I can say so myself!).








23 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I am favoriting this page. Thanks for your encouragement. I am reading your pattern thinking how it is starting to make sense! Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I never learned to crochet but my grandmother use to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love it on the gift... what a special add-on to a present!

    Thanks for linking!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and delicate. I like the vintage feel it has, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty crochet wreath! Beautifully made! Love it!

    Cheers!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a darling wreath! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really cute. Crocheting is something I tried when really young, but it just wasn't in my talent radar LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I wish I knew how to crochet! This is really, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of this on a package! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, and how cute as a gift tag too! thanks for sharing and for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday!

    Jane @ Finding Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  11. My gram made these! How lovely...you're seriously tempting me to start back to crocheting...you post great tutorials :)

    Thanks for adding your crocheted goodness once again to Mi4M!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for posting to the party. That and knitting is something I have never learned how to do.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so delicate. Thank you so much for the pattern. I make christmas ornaments for my grandchildren every year and was looking for something for this year. I think they will love these with a little tag for "2011" Thanks again for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a very beautiful wreath. I love it. I'm going to have to try making this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made one yesterday. Turned out very cute

    ReplyDelete
  16. I made one yesterday. Turned out very cute

    ReplyDelete
  17. These will be great as I make ornaments for my grandchildren each year, and am always looking for new ideas - this one is perfect for that. Thanks for the pattern

    ReplyDelete