Friday, September 3, 2010

Square Doily - September Doily of The Month


Square Doily


Crochet Thread Size 10
Size 4 hook


1. Ch 8, join. Ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), 15 dc in loop, join to top of beg ch 3. 16 dc
2. Ch 3, dc in same st as join, *dc in next st, 2 dc in next st* around, join.
3. Ch 8, dc in same st as join, *ch 4, skip 3st, dc ch 5 dc in next st* around, join .
4. Sl st into 5 ch loop, ch 3, 6 dc in loop, *4 sc in 4 ch loop, 7 dc in 5 ch loop* around, join.
5. Ch 3, dc in next 6, *sc in each sc, dc in each dc* around, join.
6. Sl st to 4th dc, ch 1, sc in same dc, ch 8 *skip 3 dc and 1 sc, sc in next 2 sc, ch 8, skip 1 sc and 3 dc, sc in next dc*.
7. Sl st. into loop, ch 3, 4 dc in same loop, *ch 4, 5dc in next loop * around, join.
8. Ch 3, dc in each dc, 3 dc in each ch 4 sp around, join.
9. Ch 3, dc in next 4 dc *ch 5, skip 3 dc, dc in next 5dc * around, join.
10. Ch 3, dc in next 4 dc, *4 dc in sp, dc in next 5 dc, around, join.
11. Ch 3, dc in next 4 dc, *ch 7, skip 4 dc, 5dc* around, join.
12. Ch 3, dc in next 4 dc, *5dc in loop, dc in next 5 dc* around, join.
13. Ch 3, dc in next 4 dc, *Ch 8, skip 5 dc, dc in next 5 dc* around, join.
14. Ch3, dc in next 4 dc, 6 dc in loop, dc in next 5 dc, 6 dc in loop, dc in next 5 dc, 3 dc ch 2 3 dc n next loop *[5 dc in next 5 dc, 6 dc in loop] 2 times, dc in next 5 dc, 3 dc ch 2 3 dc in next loop* repeat fround, join.
15. Ch 3, *dc in each dc to ch 2 sp, in sp, 3 dc ch 2 3dc* around join.
Rows 16, 17, 18 - repeat row 15.
19. Ch 1, sc in same st as join, *ch 3, skip 1 st, sc in next* around join to lst sc.
Fasten Off














18 comments:

  1. As usual Glor..top notch...both of these would go with granny ripple..the colors fit right in..we have such good taste don't we..hee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture top right..I have a few saved in my blog pictures by this artist..and I can never remember her last name June Kruestamp? Anyway she does beautiful painting of the most beautiful surroundings. This is the same lady which painted the beach front porch I used as my blog header over the summer..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful doily. I have some that were made by my great grandmother. I cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously FABULOUS!! I need one..or 12 :) Great job sweets! Thank you oh so very much for linking your creations up at my party today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course anything crocheted catches my eye. Love the doily. I must make one or several. Just love your blog. Thanks for sharing your great ideas and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great doily - great design. Thanks for sharing your pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you like Yankee Candle... go to my blog and get your coupon...:-)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that! Thanks for posting the pattern, I think I'll give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty doily - I thought I had commented here before, but I guess it got lost. I have one of those wooden angels (I forgot the name of the series) but mine is holding apples in her arms.

    Have a nice Labor Day weekend!
    Doris and Gizzy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely pattern Glor. I'm still working up some summer doilies at the moment, using lots of different colors, but will definitely add this pattern to my list of to-do's. :) Have a super Saturday. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you over at Funky Junk Interiors...so glad to find this blog, I love to crochet ...just a beginner though, but I getting pretty good. Now it's time to learn some new stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your doilys are so wow. Are you going to do one per month until dec. then don't do anymore for the new year? Please keep making these, I look forward to your doilys every month. I know they take some time to do one but you are soooo cool for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love doilies, these square ones are so pretty and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful doily, also for the color you've choosen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So dainty and beautiful! Thanks SO much for joining in on Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions. I hope to see you again next week :)
    ~Lori S.
    Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete
  16. what is ext 6 stich in row 5 of the sept doily

    ReplyDelete