Sunday, September 19, 2010

Monday Menu Sunday Prep



With a full day plus in the plan for tomorrow, tonight was the time to prepare Monday's menu. It will be nice to get home tomorrow evening and just heat up the main dish while getting the accompaniments fixed and then just sit down to a nice Fall dinner. I love the stews and soups that this weather brings out and this new recipe I tried out ... Lentil Soup with Ground Beef and Brown Rice ... is another keeper recipe. And again from Kalyn's Kitchen. This makes for two keeper recipes from her in the past week!

I have my own recipe for Lentil Soup (which I have to say is very good), but when I saw this at Kalyn's site I had to try it and am I glad that I did.

Soooooo, tomorrow night's fare will be ...

Lentil Soup with Ground Beef and Brown Rice
Biscuits
Romaine Salad with carrots and tomatoes
Fresh Peach Slices with Strawberries

Kalyn's Kitchen: Lentil Soup Recipe with Ground Beef and Brown Rice

Try it, you'll like it!

4 comments:

  1. I love lentils...this is good stuff glor have a good day..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM, that soup does sound good!! Thanks for sharing. Love your "Try it, you'll like it!" signature line, too. I can just hear one of my female relations vocalizing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog and for this recipe.. I love Lentil soup. Its been a favorite since I was knee high to a grasshopper..anyhow this is definitely a soup I will try. I usually make mine with a ham or ham bone.. but this sounds delic.... Hugs and a wonderful week. Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delish (except for the ground beef!) I just LOVE lentils and brown rice. That's so healthy for you...what a great menu! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete