Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Just Another Scarf - A Free Pattern
Just Another Scarf
Size G hook
Double Strand Crochet Thread (approximately 500 yards)
(equivalent to Size 3 thread)
I love the feel and texture from the doubled thread although this would work with yarn or cotton as well. The guage is not important so a larger hook would also be fine if you want a looser scarf.
1. Chain 136, single crochet in 2nd stitch from hook and in each stitch across, chain 1, turn.
2. Single crochet in each chain across, chain 1, turn.
3. Single crochet in 1st stitch, *chain 3, skip 3 stitches*, repeat across, chain 2, turn.
4. Double crochet in first stitch, *3 double crochet in chain 3 space, double crochet in each of next 3 stitches* across, chain 2, turn.
5. Double crochet in 1st stitch, front post double crochet in each stitch across to end (turning chain), double crochet in turning chain, chain 2, turn.
6. Repeat row 5, chain 1, turn.
7. Single crochet in each stitch across, chain 1, turn.
Repeat rows 3 through 7 for desired width.