Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mug Doily Coaster



Size 4 steel hook
Small amount of size 10 thread

1. Ch 6, join, ch 3, 11 dc in ring, join (12 dc)
2. Ch 5, (counts as dc and ch 2) *dc, ch2, dc* around, join in erd ch of beginning chain.
3. Ch3, 3dc in ch 2 sp, *dc in dc, 3dc in ch2 psp, around, join.
4. Ch 5, sk 1 st, dc in next st, *ch 2, sk 1 dc, dc in next st*, around, join
5. Sl st into ch 2 sp, ch 6, *dc in ch 2 sp, ch 3*, around, join.
6. St st into sp, ch3, dc, ch2, 2dc in same space, *2dc, 2ch, 2dc in next sp* around, join.
7. St st into ch2, ch 7, *dc in next ch2 sp, ch 4* around, join in 3rd ch of beg. chain.
8. St st into sp, ch 3, 4dc in same space, *5dc in next space* around, join.
9. Ch 3, sk 1 st, sc in next st, *ch 3, sk 1 st, sc* around join. Fasten off.



8 comments:

  1. Oh I so wish I could crochet. This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing!
    (just to say, I've put up the patterns and graphs for the coasters, let me know if you like them!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day, just one day I am coming back and doing all of these wonderful tutorials. Oh how I wish there were more hours in the day and days in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Now if only I knew what any of that meant! I wish I could crochet...some day!
    -Tiff
    Thanks for sharing with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Would look great framed on a solid background too. I am keeping all these patterns and one of these days I am gonna give them a whirl! Have a great day! :) Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the pattern. I just posted on my blog about a book I bought called Crochet Motifs. I absolutely love, love, love this book. Everything is explained for the beginner. Anyway, thanks for the free pattern. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I've been crocheting for awhile, but just started doing patterns. I may give these pretties a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fantastic! If I made that it would look so uneven and weird. I admire your talent!

    ReplyDelete