Sunday, January 17, 2010

Monday Menu

PhotobucketOff to a running start on the week with dinner simmering as I type. The only change I made to this is that I am cooking it on the stove top rather then crockpot as right now I am home. I don't know if that will make a difference or not, it did seem quite tasty so far. Time will tell.

Tomorrow's dinner menu:

Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
Rice
Salad
Fruit
Chocolate Pudding

another recipe from All Recipes
I love this site!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Pepper-Steak/Detail.aspx

Slow Cooker Pepper Steak

Ingredients
2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
garlic powder to taste
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cube beef bouillon
1/4 cup hot water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon white sugar (I'm leaving this out)
1 teaspoon salt

Directions
Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a slow cooker.
Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.

addendum = this was quite good, would thicken it more next time, will be keeping this one too.

1 comment:

  1. I like that site for recipes too. So how did it turn out? I'm vegetarian so don't do meat. And I would think most crockpot recipes would be fine on the stove -- I think the crockpot is more for convenience than necessity when it comes to some recipes. I'm sure you had a great dinner. Blessings for a wonderful day. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete