This is my first attempt at creating my own pattern and although its quite simple, I am pleased with the results.
I wanted a neck cozy that would stay in place but didn't want to have to deal with buttons or to have to pull over the head, warm but not bulky.
Its wide enough to turn the collared part up for additional warmth and protection.
I hope the instructions are clear as this hasn't been tested. Please let me know if you find a problem with this pattern.
- Hook sizes = J and G
- 3.5 oz worsted weight yarn,a main color and a small amount of contrasting color (if not using a contrasting yarn then 4 oz of the main color).
- 1. With J hook chain 25, sc in first chain from hook and across, 24 sc, ch1, turn
- 2. sc in same stitch as ch1, *dc in next stitch, sc in next stitch,* repeat across ending with a dc, ch1, turn.
Repeat row 2 till you have reached 27 inches,
- then sc in same stitch as ch1, continue with the dc, sc, repeat for 8 stitches,chain 8, skip 8 stitches, continue dc, sc repeat to end of row (last 8 stitches)ending with dc, ch1, turn
- Repeat row 2 until you have total length of 32 inches.
- Finish off main color, attach constrasting yarn, ch1, sc, ch3, skip one stitch and sc in next,*ch3, skip one stitch, sc in next st*, repeat around, slip stitch to beginning sc and fasten off.
- Using G Hook, fasten main color to side stitch on opening pass through, ch1, sc, sc around for 26 singles crochets, join with slip stitch and fasten off.
Putting this row of single crochets will keep the opening from strectching out.
This can be made in an evening and is a great stash buster item.