Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Menu for hot weather

PhotobucketSummer has finally made its appearance in all its splendor. Over the weekend to today the temps has been inching up little by little. We're at 98 today. There's still a breeze moving, its so bright, sunny and cheerful ... and as long as I'm not moving too quickly, tolerable!

The monday menu is again a simple s u p e r e a s y dinner... actually love these no matter the weather and temperatures!

Chicken Salad over a bed of lettuce
Club Crackers
Tomatoes, Cukes and Onions, basil, oil and vinegar
Watermelon and Honeydew Cubes

The Chicken Salad is from the Atkins Diet which I had tried several years ago. This is the best tasting chicken salad I have ever had, everyone loves it ...

2 cups of cooked chicken, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
6-10 green olives, minced (if I don't have olives, I used dill pickle relish)
1/4 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt (or to taste)
pepper to taste
2-3 tbl. light mayonnaise

I think the "magic" to this is the Lawry's. I normally do not cook or prepare foods with salt of any kind but for this salad I do make the exception to use Lawry's.

No comments:

Post a Comment