Sunday, December 20, 2009

Crocheted Doily Coaster

A simple little doily/coaster that adds a nice touch to your decor, a winter's cup of tea or to top a package.











This would make a sweet holiday hostess gift with a pretty mug and some tea.









Materials:

Size B Hook
Small amount of size 10 thread
starch for blocking




Chain 13, sc in 2nd chain from hook and next 10 chains, 4 sc in last chain, continue around down opposite side of chain with a sc in each chain to end, 4 sc in end, join at first sc.


Chain 3, dc in next stitch and each stitch to end, 4 dc in end, continue around with dc to end, 4 dc in end, dc to beginning chain 3, join in third chain.









Continue with last row for 6 rows, join in beginning chain.

*Chain 4, skip one dc, sc in next dc*, do this around and join with a slip stitch to base of beginning chain.


Piece will ruffle/cup but will straighten when starched.







Put in starch, gently squeeze out excess and pin to blocking board to dry.

14 comments:

  1. Oh how I love your doily. I crochet to. I've made lots of things crocheting through the years. I need to finish up an afghan I started for my daughter-in-law a year ago....shame on me.

    Have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely, and I especially love it adorning the package! Then the receiver would be getting two gifts in one :) My kind of present!

    Thanks for sharing your talents and creations again at Mi4M,
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little doily, Gloria. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had the crocheting gene... I love the idea for the package!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is on my to-do list! I wanted to crochet little snow flakes for the tree...I will have to practice with your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had someone make something similar not long after we were first married. I am always amazed because knitting and crochet is something I have never learned.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and such talent! Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I knew how to read the patterns. I do Crochet, I just have never understand how to read these patterns. This is a die out around these parts but if someone could help me read them I would be off and running Thank u. am at desoso44@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi.. may i know... can i used 1.75mm hook? tq..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will start on this today, hvn't crochet for a few years but I have two amazing friends here to hlep me along the way!!! Thanks for the pattern!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so pleased to have the pattern to this lovely little doily that can be used in different ways...thanks so much for sharing!!! Bevie

    ReplyDelete