Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Have a GREAT day!


Its an oh so cold day and temperatures are steadily dropping. The wind is wildly blowing making for a bone chilling wind factor which I will have to brave shortly. Have a few things I'm working on. Have picked up the crochet hook with the thought in mind to design a doily of the month for 2010. As my designs are oh so very simple and I'm such a novice not sure how far I will get but that is the thought at this time. Figure one has to jump into this and keep trying! January Snowflake doily will make its appearance (I hope) by the weekend.
Have taken down one tree already. This year I'm taking my time with this as I want to organize my Christmas decorations and clean out that which I haven't used in a long time. Also found that I will be recycling a few of the decorations for Valentine's Day, got the red out now might as well get good use out of it!
May your day be filled with His joy, blessings and grace.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard about the terrible snow-storms in the US, hope you keep warm nd safe.
    I won't be taking my tree down till around Jan.5, the 3 Kings' Day.
    I wish you luck on designing your doilies; I couldn't design one to save my soul! Let us know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a crochet novice too and always looking for easy patterns to follow. I am helping my hairdresser work on a trellis shawl right now which is sooooo easy but can't find the right yarn for it. Stay safe and warm and crochet -- always a good thing to do when the weather outside is frightful. I've started putting some decorations away. Would like to get most of it done before we head back to school on Monday. Best wishes to you for a wonderful day! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bird graphic, Gloria! Good luck with designing a doily. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :) That's a good idea...keeping your red decor out for use at Valentine's Day. That sure isn't too far away. :)

    ReplyDelete