Tuesday, December 29, 2009

To share joy

Arrived to pick up my friend this morning to find out that she had just spoken with her daughter and the "cramps" were 2 to 3 to 5 minutes apart. This will be her third grandchild, a baby boy, a beautiful baby boy.

And I saw him, his face ... on her laptop was the sonogram picture of last Friday. His face so very clear, so very perfect and beautiful. I find it so incredible that there in front of me was a picture of this child that has not yet been born. Amazing!

Needless to say, we cancelled the day and the joy of the wait has begun.The older I get the more astounded I become at creation, at birth. It often leaves me speechless. Its one of those things that I have trouble putting words to. What a gift.

My friend ... she was glowing, giggling, smiling large. It was a delight to watch her, to be near her, to share a few moments of the wonderment of life. So appropriate for this time of year, no? Sometime today, tonight a new little life will be given to the world. Heavenly Father, bless them.

ps...addendum 12/30 ... we thought for sure that he would be here yesterday, today is the actual due date. Guess they come when they come ... lol ... still we wait with anticipation and excitement. Who knows, maybe a New Year's baby?

1 comment:

  1. When my youngest heard of my friend's boy who was killed, he said that he was certain that a baby was born at the same exact moment. When one life ends, another begins. The circle of life. The miracle of birth! Congrats to your friend. Many blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete