Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday - December Doily of The Month

Holiday Doily



Size 4 steel hook, size 10 crochet thread
Measures 11 1/2 inches


1. Chain 8, join. Chain 3, 11 double crochets in ring, join to top of beginning chain 3. (12 dc)

2. Chain 3, double crochet in same stitch as joining, 2 dc in each stitch around, join to top of beginning chain 3. (24 dc)

3. Chain 3, double crochet in same stitch as joining, *double crochet in next stitch, 2 double crochet in next stitch* around, ending with 1 double crochet, join to top of beginning chain 3. (36 dc)

4. Chain 3, double crochet in same stitch, *double crochet in each of next 2 stitches, 2 double crochet in next stitch* around, join to top of beginning chain 3.

5. Repeat row 4.

6. Chain 1, single crochet in same stitch, *chain 3, skip 1 stitch, single crochet in next stitch* around, join to 1st single crochet.

7. Slip stitch into space, chain 3, 2 double crochet in same space, 3 double crochet in each space around, join to top of beginning chain 3.

8. Repeat row 6.

9. Repeat row 7.

10. Chain 1, single crochet in same stitch as joining, *chain 7, skip 7 stitches, single crochet in next single crochet* around, join to 1st single crochet.

11. Slip stitch into space, chain 3, 6 double crochets in same space, 7 double crochets in each space around.
Join to top of beginning chain 3.

12. Slip stitch to center of double crochet group (4th double crochet), chain 1, sc in stitch, *chain 5, single crochet in space created between double crochet groups, chain 5, single crochet in 4th double crochet* around, join to 1st single crochet.

13. Chain 3, double crochet, chain 2, 2 double crochet in joining, 2 double crochet, chain 2, 2 double crochet (shell made) in each single crochet around, join to top of beginning chain 3.

14. Slip stitch into chain 2 space, chain 3, double crochet, 2 chain, 2 double crochet in same space,
2 double crochet, chain 2, 2 double crochet (shell) in each chain 2 space around, join to top of beginning chain 3.

15. Slip stitch into chain 2 space, chain 1, single crochet in same space, *chain 7, single crochet in next chain 2 space* around, join to 1st single crochet.

16. Slip stitch into space, chain 3, 6 double crochet in same space, 7 double crochet in each space around, join to top of beginning chain 3.

17. Single crochet in space before joining, *chain 4, in 4th double crochet of group do [double crochet, treble crochet, picot (picot=chain 4, slip stitch in 1st chain), treble crochet, double crochet], chain 4, single crochet in space* around, join to 1st single crochet.

18. *Chain 1, single crochet in join, *chain 7, single crochet in picot, chain 7, single crochet in single crochet* around, join to 1st single crochet.

19. Slip stitch into space, chain 3, 4 double crochet in same space, *double crochet, treble crochet, double crochet in single crochet, 5 double crochet in each of next 2 spaces* around, join to top of beginning chain 3. Fasten off, starch and block to dry.

25 comments:

  1. Lovely.............Hugs from South Texas
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try these. The tiny(ness) of the hook scares me a little. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! You are so kind to share this pattern, hope I can give it a go before Xmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful doily, also for the chosen colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful doily! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love it! You are going to inspire me to finally make a doily soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Glor,
    This is so pretty, you know what I see in here, in the abstract? Angels/or Angel wings around the outside edge. The open spaces, not the stitches themselves..you have created Angels...I can see it plain as day... Your niche? I think you may have found yours. Thank you for sharing, it is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pattern! Would really "lend" itself to all Christmas Colors in different rounds! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Glor!.. Would love to try this one, soon as I can... especially in this color, or even my birthstone color, a December shade of turquoise! Thank you for sharing the pattern! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glor, I love it! I'm going to give this one a whirl. I've been trying to restock a supply of gift doilies, and this is just the right size. Such a lovely design. I've never attempted to make my own yet. I admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not bought the actual crochet thread before. I tried to work with it in the past and found it so tiny that I just couldn't get anywhere. But I'm older and wiser now. That was years ago. I should be able to do it, right! Yikes! Will give it a go at some point. I can't believe that tomorrow is December. December 1st. The last month of the year. Where or where does the time go? Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely! I haven't made a doily in so long. This makes me miss it!!! Sometimes snowflakes are the only things I have time for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh fun! Can't wait to start in on the pattern. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Glor!

    ♥Anita
    The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them.-Ralph Nichols
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
    http://asesaj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that is absolutely gorgeous -- and I ain't just a whistling "Dixie" either. Oh, I can't wait to pick up some RED to make this. (Soon as I get this wonky eyesight gone.)

    Thanks for all the words of encouragement and for being my daily inspiration.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooooo, Oooooo, maybe I'll do it in my birthstone color (amethyst) too like Tina suggested. Oh that would be so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome! Thanks for sharing this pattern. This is hopefully going to be my 1st doily )
    I got some unknown crochet thread (#10 I guess) and the tinies hook I have around is 2.5mm. Hope it's ok. Or I'm going to get some new supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful doily. Thanks for sharing the pattern. I think I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful! How did I miss that?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am needing the May Doily of the Month. The link for it is not available. Can you repost it? My mother's birthday is in May. I want to make one for her in honor of her special day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. First of all, compliments on the exquisite doily, it really is stunning. And a question: how much thread would one need to make it?

    ReplyDelete
  22. confused by rne 18 u have * at begining, then again which are we to repeat, sent this to lilliangilliland@yahoo.com please....

    ReplyDelete
  23. ok i made this and then when it was all done, it just wouldnt lay flat!! i followed all the steps properly and even blocked it! but the outer edge just curled up and folded over!

    highly disappointing! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before you block it, did you leave it in water with corn flour for 10mins? it will stiffen it straight!

      Delete
  24. Easy pattern,making several for a December Wedding table centerpieces.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete