Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What's Doing Wednesday


For today I thought I would tell you about a small happening yesterday  ... as I was leaving a McDonald's I spotted something on the ground and drove by it, opened the car door and discovered a wallet on the ground.  My heart gave a jump as not too long ago my son had dropped his wallet after getting gas.  A kindly person had brought the wallet into the attendant and it was waiting for my son upon his return, nothing missing other then a few sane  moments as panic took over when he realized the missing wallet.  All I could think of was that this young man was feeling the same.

Longer story short, in the wallet I found the business card of this young man's dad, I called him, he called his son (its days like this that technology is so wonderful ... cell phones!) who returned to where I was waiting.  I gave him the wallet which he immediately opened, pulled out the $20 bill that was in there and handed it to me, which, of course, I refused.  He said "you saved my life" (a little more dramatic then needed to be but I certainly understood his relief ... had heard the same from my son).

And why am I telling you this?  Because, people are good, they really are.  My son never knew who picked up his wallet and turned it in.  But whoever you are, we thank you, more then you can know.  And this young man yesterday, he's 16 years old, and without a moment's hesitation he offered all that he had when he gave the $20 from his wallet.  I was so touched by his offering.

Ya know, sometimes it seems that there is awful stuff going on all around, and yes there is, but there's lot of good out there too.  In this week of Thanksgiving, I am thankful to be able to look around and see the good.


All things good to your day.


10 comments:

  1. Oh my! Reminds me how I lost my camera in the forest. I was hopeless and went searching for it on the next day only because my husband insisted that I try to. As I entered the forest I met a woman who found my camera and thought that someone has forgotten it just recently and so she tried to search for the owner and we found each other! That felt like a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Thanks for sharing. It's encouraging to remember there are good people everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to hear about the many good things in the world that really do happen each and every day. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice bit of news. It's true, most people ARE basically good. It's just easy to forget that, especially at this time of year, when we're all rushing around in traffic, or jostling each other in the malls... Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your story Gloria, thank you for sharing it. Have a wonderful day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice to be reminded there are good people out there. Very nice!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post today, warms my heart, Glor, and restores my faith in the good in people out there. I had a dimmer view on that in younger days... I live in the city, and it's often apparent, the good many people who are just aren't polite or friendly at all!... Coming from a sheltered childhood and homelife, it was a bit shocking to me... but today, every once in a while, someone steps up and surprises me, and I like to see things like Anne Frank did. "Despite everything, I believe that people are really good."... I am very thankful for the good people I've met in Blogland, and I definitely count you among them! Wishing you and yours a blessed and very Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a heartwarming story, Gloria. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right... I have a lot of time for the young... They have come to our (DH)rescue so many times I could write a book.. The ones you would least expect to help too..:))
    Have a great Thanks Giving:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great story, both the giver and the receiver were blessed by a kind action in both cases.

    Blessings and Happiness to you on this Thanksgiving day, my Glor. I am thankful for you...to be sure.

    ReplyDelete