Sunday, August 2, 2009

Monday Menu Planning ... or

rummaging through the fridge and freezer ...
looking for what to put on the table tomorrow night for dinner.

I think we'll do another s u p e r e a s y to gently coast into the week with the following:

Basil Pork Chops
Chick Pea, Cucumber, Yellow Pepper, Tomato and Onion Salad
Green Beans
Rice
Sliced Fresh Peaches with Strawberries
Photobucket

Basil Pork Chops

4 lean center cut pork chops
1 cup V8 juice (I'm using vegetable bouillon)
1 tsp dried basil (I have fresh so using 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil)
1 onion diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
salt and ground pepper

brown pork chops in skillet, add remaining ingredients,
cover and simmer 40 minutes!

Think I will do these now, when I get home tomorrow, just pop in the microwave. Can you remember when there weren't microwaves???? We really are quite fortunate with all that we have now ... does help to simplify life...(sometimes!).

No comments:

Post a Comment