Thursday, July 30, 2009

First Prayer Shawl completed


Finished tonight my first prayer shawl. I used yarn that I had on hand, Red Heart Designer Sport, the color is celadon, a size K hook. Its quite soft.
My girlfriend finished hers today and we will deliver them tomorrow to our parish along with the lapghan. When she finished hers I held it for a few moments and said a few prayers, she will bless mine tomorrow. I believe that the person who will receive them will know the love, prayers and thoughts that were put into them.
In making these, although an easy pattern, we both found that several times we needed to rip out many inches and re-do. Re-dos can cause frustration, however, we never experienced this in doing these. I think we also have been given a blessing in the making of these. Its hard to put into words, but there a kind of peace in doing these. We will continue making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment