Monday, September 26, 2011

What to do with apples ... a wonderful recipe ...


Was at a house today where the autumn baking scents were amazing.  I have been looking for recipes for apples and here I was sniffing the aroma of German Apple Cake.  Oh my gosh!!!! ... just thinking about this is making my mouth water, we were give the most generous portion to sample.  This was undescribably delicious.  We left with the cake recipe and a container of homemade apple sauce.  Now, I don't mind apple sauce, but to me its more of a take it or leave kind of thing,  usually leave it ...however, if its this apple sauce of today, its a take it.  I have to call and get the recipe for this tomorrow.  For now, the cake is the focus.  I was told these freeze very well, in fact a few that had been made today were going to be frozen for Thanksgiving.   I plan on doing the same.

German Apple Cake

3/4 Cup oil
3 eggs
2 Cups Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Tsp salt
2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tsp Cinnamon
4 Cups Cubed Apples
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
                                                 

Mix:   oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
Add:   flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon
Add:  Apples and nuts

Bake at 350 degrees in a greased 13x9x2 pan
55-60 minutes

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love easy recipes like this, thanks so much Glor! Have a blessed week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is making my mouth water. I am going to have to make this cake!

    Hey, I just saw wehre Bev from http://bevmatheson.blogspot.com/
    has been trying to leave a comment and can not leave one on your blog. Not sure what is going on, but I think alot of people are trying and can't get through.

    Blessings to you and yours always...and when are we going to get to see more sweet baby photos? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!! You make me want to run out and get some apples.

    ReplyDelete