Friday, November 25, 2011

The day after ... Soup Day ...

Thanksgiving over, turkey soup simmering on the stove.  I think that's my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner ...the soup after.  I'm a big fan of soups especially in the cooler and winter weather.  Speaking of soup, I have to share with you the recipe I got from Tammy of T's Daily Treasures earlier this week ...


Spiced Lentil Soup: Brown 1/2 cup diced onions, 3 cloves minced garlic and 1/3 cup of barley in 1 TBS of olive oil. Add 3 quarts of vegetable stock and 1 cup of orange lentils. Cook til tender. Add in 1 can of chickpeas, 1/2 lb of spinach and 12 oz of salsa. Heat through and serve. (Tammy said she used more salsa than called for and frozen spinach.)

This is a keeper recipe, easy to make and absolutely wonderful!  You just have to try this, you'll be happy you did.

Well, a bit of housekeeping to do this morning then to meet a very dear friend that I haven't seen in quite a long time for lunch.  Great way to keep the momentum of the holiday going.

Hope that your day is a blessed one.











4 comments:

  1. I did the same, simmered some turkey broth...
    and in the freezer to have another day...Love leftovers they taste even better the second day...have fun at lunch with your friend...wish we could have lunch...it would go on for hours and hours ......hee hee

    faith crochet by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love soup too Glor!! I always make a turkey pot pie the day after, or sometime over the weekend of Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Glor, so glad you tried the soup. So easy and delicious! Hope you have a happy holiday weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'll have to try this. :)

    Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Blessings to you and yours always :)

    ReplyDelete