Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Menu

Found this recipe the other day on one of my groups, don't remember which one, but the recipe said its from a site called HALFMYSIZE.COM, I am going to try this tonight, I wasn't able to find the recipe itself at the site but then I haven't registered as of yet and gone browsing through the site ... I think I will go do that shortly, this is the link to the site. http://www.halfmysize.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

Taco Bake
Serves - 8

1 lb very lean (96%) ground beef or 12 oz. Boca Crumbles
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced red or green pepper
1 8 oz. package Reduced Fat crescent rolls
1 can pinto beans with or without jalapenos, drained
1 packet tacoseasoning
2 - 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 cup fat free cheddar cheese

Preheave over to 375.
Brown beef, onion and pepper, drain.

Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Unroll crescent rolls (they will fit right inside of the pan). Pinche togehter to make crust and bake for 6 minutes.

Add tomato sauce, beans and taco season to beef, mix thoroughly. Top crust with meat mixture and bake 10 minutes, top with chesse and bake additional 5 minutes.

This sounds like a great fall time meal, will find out tonight. As I usually do I will make a good sized salad with several ingredients, not sure whether we'll have a pudding or fruit dessert. As we're cutting down I'm finding that by making larger salads, and a "normal" size main portion is a good thing. I'm hoping to freeze 1/2 of this (I hope it freezes ... will find that out too!).

Addendum = this was good, put in my "keep" book to make in a few months. I think this is something nice every few months for a change of pace and it certainly is easy enough. As far as freezing, I decided not to, I'm thinking the crust wouldn't do well, so the remainder we will have on leftover night, although I think the beef mixture by itself would freeze well.

No comments:

Post a Comment