Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Apples Already?


I noticed on the way home tonight the crates are in the orchards just waiting to be filled with their harvested apple crop. But its August, is it really time? The picking hasn't begun yet, but with the crates in place it is about to begin ... very soon.

Wasn't it just yesterday that summer arrived? I know I have been busy, but where did summer go? Although I do love Fall and the crisp cool weather that follows, the smell of burning leaves and the house filled with simmering scents of stew and the vibrance of the colors of nature.

Here's hoping to a long lasting Fall.

A pleasant night and sweet dreams.

7 comments:

  1. Your in summer we are in winter, I can't wait for summer and bbqs, and picnics by the river. Weekends at the block and dinners with family and friends.. But for now it is the smell of beef stew , warm beds, and happy days spent with my hubby and craft days with my friends, and keeping in touch with my new found cyber friends .. happy Wednesday ..:)) Pat in tas :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be in the throws of summer for quite some time as hot temps will continue for a while. We never know when cooler temps will arrive. It's a waiting game! I miss the changing of the seasons. Everything around here always looks the same no matter what the weather is like outdoors. :/ Have a wonderful Wednesday. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Glor, I know exactly what you mean. It feels like fall is in the air and that summer just barely arrived. I'm not sure I'm ready for it. I need another couple of months of nice warm weather before the cold hits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, summer is on it's way out. It's amazing how easily time slips away. Be sure to enjoy each day my friend.

    Love ya!
    Anita <><
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
    aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps Winter can just stay away and we can enjoy Fall until April! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, I am sure wishing for a gorgeous fall this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm ready for fall... kind of had enough of the hot desert heat! Thanks so much for your nice comments on my blog Glor... you always make my day!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete