Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What's Doing Wednesday Afternoon

Worked this morning and just as we finished the sun came out.  What timing, what a gift.  This is truly an old fashioned spring day.   Spending a bit of time at the computer typing out my doily directions as I try out my latest pattern.  This is the only time I will crochet here, but I have to admit it is more then pleasant.  The window is open to a welcoming balmy breeze.  The sun streaming through the trees making beautiful patterns on the oh so green grass.   I wish you could hear the chatter of the song bird in the nearby tree.  Happily celebrating the beautiful afternoon I'm sure.

Ninth row just completed on the doily, 11 more to go.  There are so many things to make ... I can't help but picture those quilts I saw the other night.  I really, really have to learn to quilt.  Hmmm, maybe a quilt retreat ... I would like to do a quilt retreat.  Going on my to do someday list, maybe sooner then not list. 

To an easy breezy afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are getting a chance to enjoy the good weather. I love it when it's nice enough outside to open the windows...the birds singing, a gentle breeze.

    I think learning to quilt would be just awesome. :)

    I can't wait to see your finished design.

    You are so very talented, I know you can learn how to do anything you set your mind to do.

    Blessings to you and yours always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful day, I can feel the gentle breeze :)) But it is cold and wet here today and thats ok 'cause winter is just around the corner.:))
    So pleased you have a great spot to write down those instructions for the doily ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could open my windows again. It's already hot here. We go from winter to summer generally with not much spring. But this year we did have a couple more weeks of spring than usual and it was nice, so I need not complain. :o) After the very long and cold winter I am welcoming the hot. xoxo

    ReplyDelete