Saturday, March 10, 2012

Starting over ...

Almost.  Shopping for a computer, a virus destroyed ours.  And so, time to post and visit is at a premium at the moment.   I really don't understand how someone can put out into the web/emails such items that end up causing devastation and are so costly to others.  Most of all it saddens me.  I would never think of hurting someone or their possessions.

Ok, enough of that ... on to what gladdens me ... crocheting ... and the past few months have produced some new doilies and coasters ... a few here.  I do have a baby blanket in the hopper as well, but these are a few of the thread finishes.  Hadn't worked on thread in a while and I'm remembering how much I love it.


Looking to start a new doily this afternoon and also spend a bit of time on the baby blanket I need for May.  It should have been done by now but I joined my squares wrong and had to cut it all apart, talk about being taught patience!  Will post that hopefully this coming week.

Have to run out so no visiting for a while either.  Hope to get back around.  Have missed all.  Have a lovely weekend. 
Blessings,



11 comments:

  1. Hi Glor, welcome back..the doilies are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glor, welcome back! I'm just back again myself, now that I can blog on a regular basis. Hope all goes well with your computer shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your doilies!
    I can imagine how frustrating it is when a virus destroys your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree about the computer viruses. Can't even begin to understand the mindset of those who create them.

    Love your doilies. Glad you were able to enjoy some thread work recently. :)

    Many blessings to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have had trouble with the computer.. Thankfully Hubby is able (so far) to get me back on track again... But I have lost everything :((
    But on the happier side of things, crochet saves us from insanity LOL..
    Have a great weekend..
    Ps.. great to have you up and running :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so good to have you back...the dollies are beautiful!

    We had a computer viruses last year and had to wipe our computer clean to get rid of it, and then it still never worked right...so we just got a new one. I would never in my wildest dream think of creating something to hurt someone else like the computer viruses do. It's just sad to think that someone's mind works that way. We'll just have to pray for them, that they will see the error of their ways and start creating anti-viruses to help others from now on!

    I can't wait to see more of your crochet projects...and are you gonna have a CAL with us anytime soon with a doily? I hope so.

    MIssed you...so glad you are back again (even if just a brief hello). :)

    Blessings to you and yours always ....and extra prayers for our Hero who is so far away serving his country and keeping us all free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see your beautiful work again. Computers are frustrating. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, that multicolor one is phenomenal! Would love to see it close up! (and in person!)

    So sorry to hear what happened to your computer. We just had to buy a new one because the 2005 one bit the dust. The new one can be SO frustrating, and yet, when we figure things out, it's SO fast. I hope your new computer will be fun and not frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean. I had to close my blog down because somebody hacked into it and attached a virus to it :(
    Pretty crochet work, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that second doily! Sorry to hear about your computer problems. Since I use gmail, I don't get much junk mail at all and I never, ever open anything unless I know for sure where it is coming from. A blogger friend had her blog hacked so she deleted it and sent me an email to let me know. I don't understand how someone can even do that that. Or why they would want to. Just crazy! Hope you have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! I just realized Mary commented on your blog just before me. It's her blog I was talking about. Vintage Comfort.

    ReplyDelete