Saturday, June 16, 2012

Just Beautiful

Have you seen this beauty?  I first saw this at Pammy Sues's (Scotty's Place).  She has a knack for finding such eye catching pieces.  Pammy Sue says that you just have to have a red granny and she's right.  She provided the link to Hopscotch Lane where this was made and the details are.  While you're visiting there, take a look around.  Such wonderful, beautiful creations.

So now that the Zigzag Bobble is finished and I only have a "few" in work pieces I too am going to have a red granny and yes, I am copying colors and all.  I am taken big time with this.  Another lovely cuddle up to brighten any day.  Just look at all those lovely ends to weave in.  Actually, I don't mind.  Completed squares are easy to take along when I'm out and about and before you know the ends will be done. 

Have had a bit of a time finding the right blue though.  What I finally was able to find will mean restarting.  We just don't have enough yarn selections in our area and heavens knows I wouldn't have the patience to wait for a mailing now, would I? 

We're having the most amazing weather the past few days.  I could only wish that the whole summer could be like this!  Hope your weekend is a great one. 

Blessings,


9 comments:

  1. I love Pammy and her blog, and I love Hopscotch Lane too. Such great crochet inspiration..and sweet gals! I need to make a granny soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's real pretty - have fun crocheting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this and I was very taken with it too...I plan to make one soon for my youngest daughter who is having a baby...I just love it...happy Saturday..with love Janice..Just Beautiful..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous! I have such a hard time with colors. Why is that? Have fun with the grannies. They are so easy to whip up. Best wishes for a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I came over from 'Simplify's'place because I saw the word 'Crochet' on her blog roll and I was hooked(?)immediately! Have you heard of 'Ravelry'?It's an American-based site dedicated to knitters and crocheters and there are a gazillion free patterns for you to look at. It's also free to sign-up which is the best part!I love your red grannies. Can't wait to see the finished article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous one! I'm going to save it for inspiration.
    I've been wanting to make a square afghan for quite a while as I've never made one. But it seems like a huge amount of work. So for now I just postpone that project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very pretty. I love the bright colors!
    I found your blog through tangled happy and am now a follower. If you'd like to check out my blog, it's sssinthesun.blogspot.com.
    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that at Pammy's blog and loved it too! I think it is going on my "must make" list!

    ReplyDelete