Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Family that crochets together.

Is a family that is having a wonderful time!  My DIL loved her ripple blanket so much she sent a picture to her sister.  Her sister loved it too and mentioned that she would love one in gray, pale yellow and white.  Well, picked up the yarn on Friday and DIL is off and running making one for her sister.   Now, understand, she hasn't been crocheting for too long, just the past few months making a granny ghan for the grand pumpkin but she has taken off on this ripple like an old pro.  Her stitches are perfectly done, just the right tension.  She is so excited about doing this and I am so proud of her.
What you see here is the start on Saturday night.  There now are several rows with all the colors having been used.  She is doing three rows of each color.  

I love this color combination as well, something I'm sure I will be using in the future.


Speaking of future projects.  I saw this today at Hopscotch Lane and am totally taken with it as well.  Especially the coloring. 

This no doubt will be a very long term project, but I think I need to have one.  I think this would be such a wonderful summer throw/spread.  And look at her little furry baby.  Isn't she just the sweetest?

Time to get the hook moving, have to get something done so one of these can begin.

Blessings to your week.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for your daughter!!
    I saw that ghan and loved it too on Hopscotch!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ripple colour combo is gonna be amazing! haapy crocheting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combo, but you always have such an eye for color combos. I am happy that your DIL wanted to learn to crochet..she has a great teacher. It will only tighten the bond. Hey you need to give Stichy a look..she is dreaming about you!!! Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your DIL is doing such beautiful work. I love it when crochet stays in the family. :)

    Oh, that is a lovely, colorful afghan you have marked for the future.

    I am doing more thread/doilies than afghans right now.

    How is your doily coming along?

    Blessing and hugs always dearest friend.

    ReplyDelete