Sunday, January 22, 2012

Crocheting Update and a Winter's Break







The round ripple, crib blanket sized, completed this morning and ready to make its way to the new mom to be.  I had initially wanted to end in pink but the blanket was 54 inches which I thought was large enough so beige it was and edged in a scallop.

Also ready for take off this week are my little bags with their Valentine treats to two special little misses.  I finally decided on flowers instead of the hearts for an embellishment.  These are such fun little bags to make.  The pattern can be found at Tangled Happy, Boutique-bag








My round ripple for Pammy Sue's CAL is still in the works.  Plans are to work on it and try for a finish the end of this week. 

Currently on the look out for an afghan pattern suitable for an engagement present.  I have found a few patterns and trying one out right now but would appreciate any suggestions.  I did see a beautiful Fisherman's afghan but so far have not been able to locate the pattern.  Books out of print!

And as far as my winter's break ... I still am having a lot of issues with Blogger.  I cannot always leave comments, can't follow or see my followers, and find the screen freezes on posts, on my blog as well as others.  I just haven't time to try and find another avenue although it seems that that is something I really need to do.  To limit the frustration I will be taking a blogging break for a while.  When I do get to design another doily, etc., I will post and I certainly will be out visiting your blogs, I could never stay away from that.  So for at least a few weeks I will be seeing how I can resolve the blogging problems and spend more time with my hooks.  Keep warm and safe.  See you at your house!

God bless,



6 comments:

  1. Hi Glor
    I also had lots of problems with blogger. After reading someone else's blog who also was having problems I started using Google Chrome as my internet search engine. I have had very good results doing this. You could also try Mozilla Firefox this may also help.
    The other thing I did was copy and pasted
    links into the search bar rather than just follow the link, this worked better.
    Hope this helps.
    I love the round ripple blanket. may be one day I will try them out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so, so sorry to hear you are having problems with Blogger. I thought it was just me!!! I have specific blogs I am unable to view or comment on, and others work fine. I thought when I moved to my own space, these problems would go away, but apparently, because I'm still in the Blogger platform, I still get dinged.

    Nothing better than taking out the frustration with a crochet hook or knitting needles, though, so I hope this break gives you MUCH to enjoy! I tried commenting last week when you were moving about more, and I was so excited at your progress. But alas, I couldn't get to the comment screen... from three different computers!

    I know of one fisherman sampler afghan, and there are a few (not free) others on Ravelry. I'll keep a lookout now!

    Those purses turned out just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh phooey! I just typed a whole comment and then it didn't post. :/ So, here we go again ... talk about blogger problems. Sorry to hear you are having them. When they make updates, it affects some adversely and sometimes there is an easy fix, but sometimes not. When not, it sure is frustrating. Sure hope you work something out. I love all the projects you have worked on of late. I see you made some of the boutique bags, too. Aren't they so easy and great? I definitely need to make more. Hope you are staying safe and warm over there. Take care! Best wishes always, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been here in a while and decided to visit. Cool. Take care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was having the same problems..Hope to see you after your break....

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5 weeks Gloria....were missing you.......do stop around sometime...hoping blogger will cooperate....well, do stop by sometime....LOL

    ReplyDelete