Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Nite Monday Menu Plan





Its that time already again ... Sunday evening. Gosh, the weeks are flying by! As I usually do I like to know what dinner will be for Monday night as I like to start the week off on a slowed down pace especially if I have work which tomorrow I do! So a semi-Fall Fare is going on the table tomorrow ... so very s u p e r e a s y.

I was given two butternut squash. One was cooked up today, the other ... probably next week or so. Dinner tomorrow night will be exceptionally easy and not a really cool weather one but everything is tasty and should be more then enough to fill us up. The soup has cooled, the chicken and salad ingredients prepared and all refrigerated. All I have to do is heat up the soup, mix in mayo to the chicken salad and we're ready.

Buttnernut Squash Soup
Chicken Salad over a bed of green leaf lettuce
Club Crackers
Sliced Fresh Fruit
Apple Cake



Butternut Squash Soup
2 Tbl olive oil
1 large onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 potatoes, cubed
2 stalks of celery, diced
4 cups water
2 chicken bouillon cubes

Saute onions and garlic in oil, add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a full boil and then simmer for three hours. I like the soup chunky as it is, but if you want it smooth just put in the blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment