Friday, July 6, 2012

Finding Fabulous on Friday

Finshed squares ...there they are ... thirty of them.  This was a fun crochet and goes up rather quickly.  Certainly will look to do another in the future.     


Thirty granny squares measuring 40 x 48.  A wonderful size for a comforting cover up come Fall.  Some ends still needed to be woven in and then the squares to be joined and edged.  A cooler day will be waited for to start the joining.


                                     On to the next squares project ... 

                                                                               Welcome to the weekend,

12 comments:

  1. Love this! You have inspired me to do something red. Nice work and I can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red,, beautifully crocheted.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those squares are really gorgeous! I love the colors so!!!
    Hope you had a great 4th of July!
    Best wishes,
    LS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blanket, soon as I finish my projects I'm going to do this...Happy weekend...with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color combination you used.. I love making granny squares, but never can find the right way to join them.. how do you join yours??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shari, I will join by placing two right sides together and then crocheting a slip stitch of only one loop of the stitch. I used to do a whip stitch with a needle but I found should I need to take apart its much easier with the crocheted slip stitch. Its also much faster.

      Delete
  7. OH, how pretty, Glor! You know I LOVE that red. Can't wait to see it finished. Go-go-go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! It looks amazing!!! I love, love, love the colors!!! thank you for a happy picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mix of colors is very striking. Lovely square elements, and you're making each one really a twin of the other. Great, indeed. This is an inspiration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete