Thursday, January 3, 2013

Brrrrr

winter
It is cold!  Below zero this morning with subzero tonight again.  Looks like the ground will be a winter white for quite a while.   A fine job being done in preserving the snowmen this year.  So, what's one to do when the temperatures are freezing???

Crochet!!!

IMG_2892Its an especially good time to have the hook moving.  The wool eater blanket is now large enough to cover me as I continue adding rows, I think 14 more rows will do it.  So cozy and warm.  I just love this blanket.

IMG_2888The blackberry-salad-stripe-blanket is another great crochet.  Simple but oh so stunning.  The pattern called for a starting chain of 115 for baby blanket size  but I increased the width to 175 to use on my bed.  Have used eleven different colors so far with a few more to be added before I do a repeat.  This one too will be warm.  A wonderful way to use up all that stash.

IMG_2885And another project I have in the works (among many) is a pattern called  squircle-v-3 found at Dly's Hooks and Yarn.  The designer is Debi.  Her patterns are fun to make, well written and easy to follow.  She has a wonderful blog and many wonderful patterns. 

And that's where I'll be through this weekend chill ... covered in yarn and moving the hook, ever so happily.

Keep safe and warm.  Blessings in abundance.

8 comments:

  1. Both of your blankets look so pretty Glor - the colors are pretty and work very well together. Thank you for choosing the squircle pattern to make a blanket - I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Glor! I loved doing the Bobble Stitch blanket!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your afghans....so warm and cozy. :)

    Stay warm up there dear friend...and keep that hook moving. :)

    Blessings always dearest friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya sister....we have sunshine today...looks pretty on the glistening snow..but it's rather brisk here..I love the picture of the house in your post, it looks like my fanciful house! I'm working the hook alot this week using thread and making the Thankgsgiving Angel from Bella Crochet..it is a lovely pattern, and I hope to make a few for Etsy too...It's been a productive crochet week. Your ghans are so pretty..and they are keeping you warm as you work dual purpose... Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep telling myself I am going to make me a blanket. Yours are inspiring. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been enjoying needlework during the cold weather, too, but my projects have not been as big as yours. I admire you for finishing big stuff! That blackberry salad afghan sure is going to be cozy!

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Working on those beautiful blankets will certainly help to keep you warm. I am definitely not a cold weather gal. Have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm working on my grandson's baby blanket finally putting the squares together...started a new large doily a pineapple pattern and I bought new year for a blanket for me...good winter work...Happy New Years with love Janice p.s. pretty blankets...

    ReplyDelete