Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Morning Delay is a Tuesday Treasure

A day spent at home.  Much too miserable out and although it did warm a bit the ice is there and getting bad again with the temperature dropping.  But it was a nice thing.  Have been puttering ... straightening, cooking, crocheting.
Valentine's Day is not something we normally fuss over but some of the red from Christmas fits nicely and looks pretty.  Putting the reindeer away from my centerpiece and adding my little pillow keeps it around for another month.
 
Just added some red votives to my dollar store plates, I did pick up some little red dishes at Pier 1 marked down from Christmas for $1.98 and some $1 tulips from Michaels and everything else is an odd and end from here and there around the house.





This morning when visiting Sara at tangled happy I fell in love with the jar cozies she showcased in her last two posts.  She finds such amazing things, you really need to visit and check her out!  So needless to say after lunch got out my cotton thread and presto ...

These are so sweet and such a beautiful soft glow.  Can't wait to see how they look as it get darker.

All things simple makes for something happy.

 May your heart be blessed
with grace and happiness. 

8 comments:

  1. In my humble opinion, one can never go wrong with red. I just love that color! Nice decorations! I'm glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i love those candle covers i bet they look amazing in the dark, Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks very festive for Valentine's Day. I like the little jar cozies, thank you for sharing the link. Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so pretty, Gloria! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glor. Your cozies turned out beautifully! I was going to make a few myself over the weekend but was busy busy adventuring outdoors with the little people. Still want to sneak a few in before the weekend if I can. Simple makes me happy as well! :) Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love candles, and the jar cozies....what a great idea..I'll just bet that looks really pretty at nighttime, the soft glow and flickering of the candle through your lovingly
    made stitches. Your hutch is so pretty and the lovely just touches of red perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those candle cozies.. I can imagine them in all kinds of colors matching room decor.. etc etc..So glad that you had an enjoyable day. love the color red in all its hue's..thanks for stopping by to visit me. I love visitors........
    Hugs from South Texas..Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty-Pretty! Love the jar cozies too!

    ReplyDelete