Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday Treasures

Crafting ... any type ... crochet, sewing, painting, cross stitch ... many others too numerous to list.  It allows one to create, whether their own pattern or to recreate from a pattern of another.  And thank you to all those that share their creations and patterns for us to make and enjoy.

Today begins a Stitch Along hosted by Stitchy Mc Floss, chart from Gazette 94 gazette94: BONHOMME DE NEIGE 2008

Decisons, decisions.  There's a full color version or the solid red.  I had decided to do the red, then changed my mind for the full color and now back again to the red.




This sweet little snowman will no doubt become one of my treasures.  Isn't he just adorable? 

Like crocheting, cross stitching is a most pleasant way to spend a quiet evening.  With each stitch the piece begins to come to life.  Its a most enjoyable craft.  Looking forward to this stitch along.

Treasures in Your Day

8 comments:

  1. The snowman makes me want to cross stitch. I have never attempted to cross stitch but adore it as a craft.

    I'm becoming more involved with felt these past months and would love to make my children an advent calendar. Your snowman above makes me want to do it all the more. I think I may have just stumbled on a 'must do' project through the spring and summer.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. which ever you choose it will be lovely..I like them both too, but favor the red...Where your treasure is where you will find your heart..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! I just wanted to pop in real quick and say thank you for joining me in the snowman SAL. I just know it's going to be a lot of fun.

    Blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Glor!.. This cute pattern looks like lots of fun to do! I'd join in myself for this stitch-along, if I wasn't so busy already SEVERAL WIPs of all sorts! My Blessings cross-stitch, for one, has been on the back burner, so I really should pick that up again, some night soon.. There are AT LEAST a couple of crochet things I'd like to make, and I've got FOUR (can't believe that!) different scrapbooking projects going at once! I don't even know HOW I let THAT happen!... As for today, though, I've got homeschooling, cleaning, errands, and THEN we'll see what time allows by this evening! Have a great day! ((hugs)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am forcing myself to straighten the kitchen before I start... I opted for the full color version... Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Glor, looks like you've been quite busy with cross-stitch and crochet. Wonderful! This pattern is so cute. I would go with the red just because it is so much easier to go with a straight color than switching all the time. I've gotten to where I just want to finish a project quickly so I can move on to the next. Unfortunately, right now, I am still playing catch up. So much to wash and clean and do. :/ Best wishes to you for a wonderful day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both are lovely. So great to create, no matter what craft/hobby it is. It is so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete