Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Finish and Three Starts

I've seen an afghan pattern that I am over the moon about.  Its the Bobble Zigzag ripple.   Sandy of Teacup Lane made a bench cover using this pattern .
And Asti of Apple Blossom Dreams made this afghan using up her leftover pieces of yarn.

Aren't these just magnificent?  I just have to make this!
The pattern is from Jan Eaton's book Ripple Stitch Patterns which will become part of my library very soon.  Lots of stash and leftovers to use up and this is the pattern that will do it.  Can't wait.  

A round ripple for the grandbaby also to begin.

And finally a doily finish ...         
            with a new one to start next week as well.

New threads picked up today from Hobby Lobby ... now to pick which one.  Decisions, decisions of the best kind.

10 comments:

  1. Hello..Good Morning to you. Your blog is just beautiful wanted to stop by and visit. Also a big fan of ripples, this one is very nice. I am new to blogging and did not realize how many people love this craft. Will visit back soon. Come see me anytime. Have a wonderful day! Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very nice ripple pattern. I love your doily - it's very pretty. Have a great day glor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glor, I have never seen this before but it is just gorgeous!! Can't wait to see your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Glor, for the mention and the link. I am excited to see what you come up with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love the doily. Is this a pattern you created?

    The afghans are lovely....I am going to have head over to the links and check them out, too.

    Blessings to you and yours always

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bobble ripple is gorgeous! I would have never thought to combine the two stitches. Very creative :)
    ~B
    http://bclskeystrokes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way bobbles look, but I am not a bobble person. I love bullions too but I cannot do them to save my life. Those afghans are gorgeous though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooohhh I like the bubble ripple too....you've been very busy moving the hook...I'm trying to get back into it with that crochet purse...not feeling it right now...perhaps when things settle down a wee bit...and I get into a new routine....your are inspiring me though my sister...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Astri's work, but I've never done a ripple or a bobble. Have fun with your new book. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete