Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Weekend

A glorious day of sunshine, flowers and perfect weather.  A great way to start the weekend.   Thinking of a trip to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to further my thread crochet addiction, which is alive and well.  Looking for some different, vibrant colors of thread to add some splender to the coming summer months. 










 The hook and stash thread have produced several small doilies and coasters over the past few weeks.  I never tired of these little treasures.  My blue larger doily is at the final row, hopefully to be completed sometime this weekend.

And my latest little treasure.  I love white on white and placing a doily coaster on the dishes.  Turns a tea and muffin into simple elegance.

The creating hook will shortly come out again.  Looking to design a treasure bag.  To get the idea from thought, to hook, to paper.  If it goes well, there will be a new pattern to share.

Have a great weekend,
blooms and blessings.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't had the thread 'bug' for a little while now. I go in my spurts, that's for sure. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are loverly and charming...What is it about the thread crochet, all gathered together? Treasure bag? I am intrigued do tell more sister....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely hook work as always. Can't wait to see your current doily

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look so lovely..very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty.

    Ahh the thread bug is back! Ouch! Did I just get bit, too?

    Can't wait to see your Treasure bag.

    Blessings to you and yours always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just purchased some thread from www.creativeyarnsource.com and it's really pretty and good quality. It's called Armonia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm like you...you know how I love my thread. :) I'm at Laura's until Sunday. Was going to bring a bunch of yarn and start an afghan, but thought better of toting that much yarn around. Instead I brought a big ball of white thread and three receiving blankets to edge. :)

    Have a great weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful crochet :)) I love the colours that are now available in thread ..So much choice :))
    Have a great day shopping ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You have been a busy doily maker. And they are all so beautiful and colorful! Hope your weekend is great. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog. I sit down with a cup of flavored coffee and feel like I'm sitting with a friend who also just happens to love crochet as much as I do. Thanks! Wondering if you have the pattern to the little coaster doily on the white plate from April 13th? It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete