Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Morning

Slowly moving this morning, light cleaning done, some laundry finished, sipping my coffee ... yup, moving very slowly.  Nice to have the day off following a holiday.  My thread, pattern and hook await me to finish a doily I have been working on. I find such pleasure in crocheting.   

  Earlier I stood at the dining room window watching the trees branches, heavy with buds, bobbing in the wind.  It struct me as how for 33 years I have watched the awakening of spring at this window and how each year it is as if I see if for the first time.  Nature never ceases to amaze me, never do I tire of its beauty, its presence.  Maybe its this season, the Octave of Easter, that brings it closer.  Its a nice thing, a blessing.

A blessing to your day.

6 comments:

  1. Me too Glor! I am moving VERY slowly! We had a nice Easter though. But I plan to do very little this week! I loved hearing your description of watching Spring!!!!
    It is lovely....each and every time, isn't it!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more. Watching the outdoors awaken is always so miraculous. Sometimes it leaves me speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think spring is my favorite season just for that. It makes you feel alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are already off to a great start to your week. Enjoy! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could see your birds in my head as I read that poetic description! Thank you for taking me to a happier place than my computer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He created so many beautiful things for our enjoyment, and the best one of all...friendship. So glad you are back to crocheting again my friend. :)

    Blessings to you and yours always

    ReplyDelete