Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What's Doing Wednesday

Wednesday again ... already!  Goodness, time is just flying ... as is the hook.  The little one's round ripple is finally taking off.  I initially had started this with ecru, brown and blue but his room is now blue and green with brown accents and so too will the ripple be.  As I am starting this over I also switched to another ripple pattern which I like even more.  Really love this pattern, a fun crochet.
  In getting ready for the bobble zigzag ... went through my stash and I have just about every color in Red Heart except for white.  So off to Michael's ... Red Heart super saver was on sale for $1.89, home came three whites.  For once I went for what yarn I needed and no more.  That's quite an accomplishment for me being the sale!    Ready ... just have to wait for the book with the pattern.  Now I think I have every color. 
Of course, while I was at Michael's I had to check out the sales ... my little bird, flower pot and greens was 60% off.  I couldn't resist.  I love my little bird ... will be spending his time keeping me company on the window sill over the kitchen sink.




Happy Mid Week,
Joy and Blessings,

11 comments:

  1. Good morning..I found the same pot!! Don't you just love it! and I as always, I pick up more yarn. Can never have too much yarn Have a great day. Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can never have too much yarn... or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your bobble zigzag! It will be so pretty. I love Redheart yarn - the color selection is great (periwinkle is my personal favorite) and you can't beat the price, plus depending on your geographical location you can pretty much purchase it 24/7 and that always feeds my crochet addiction! I'm just sorry I missed the $1.89 at Michael's. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bird is so cute! :)

    I can't wait to see the ripple. It is going to be so pretty. :)

    That was a super great deal on Red Heart. I was in Wal-mart yesterday and they are selling Red Heart Super Saver for 2.77. You have way more will power than I...every time I see yarn on sale, somehow a few skeins always seem to come home with me!

    Blessings to you and yours always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great price for Red Heart! I am going into town tomorrow, will have to swing by Michael's to see if they have it for that price here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby stopped at Michael's for me on his way home from work. He's such a dear for doing it for me AND he came home with more than what I asked for. What a sweetie! I'll keep him. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I miss Red Heart yarn. Boy, you can't beat that price. We pay a lot here and the yarn is very thin. I like your round ripple. I don't think I would consistently get the open spaces to line up. I seem to have a problem with that sort of thing. :) Happy mid-week to you! We only have one more day of school and then the weekend again. Woohoo! Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ripple. Cute birdie!!!! Hard to resist those big sales at Michael's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ripple looks like a nice pattern - and I love the pretty colors you've chosen for the bobble zig zag. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby ripple is a lovely pattern. I keep seeing all sorts of ideas centered around that style of blanket but have yet to make one. That bobble ripple is definitely not your run of the mill ripple and keep us posted on the progress.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I have EVER gone into any store with any kind of craft supplies or materials and come out with just one item, so your post really made me smile. The bobble is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete