Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Itching to Knit















I have set this book out after seeing the lovely blanket I posted about a few days ago. I did make this little sweater quite a while ago but I am painfully slow.









It amazes me how soft knitting can make yarn feel plus I loved the look of it. I do find coordinating two knitting needles a little difficult but I think I am ready to tackle this little blanket.






Besides, I am almost finished with one of the two baby blankets I have been working on. Started the edging last night and maybe will have done tonight (this week). Oh yes, do have "several" thread projects in the hopper (yes, I have lost count of exactly how many ...) but now that I have only one yarn project I can start another. (How's that for rational for starting another project?) Knitting and tatting, neither of which I can do, have been on my list of to do for a long time. I would love to conquer knitting, hopefully this is my start.

The Best To Your Day.


3 comments:

  1. You'll do fine. You have the desire to want to learn how to knit and that's half the battle. I am glad I know how to knit so I can switch off between crocheting and knitting. I prefer to crochet, but knowing how to knit and to read patterns opens up your horizons and enables you to have more options. I think some things, like clothes especially, look nicer knitted and vice versa. Good luck! Can't wait to see your first project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried teaching myself to knit and am having a slow go of it. It looks like you're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I as well am attempting to teach myself to knit, but now that I've ran across this book called From Needles to Hook, which is a book about converting knitting patterns to crochet patterns, I may see how that works out. But in my mind and opinion, nothing beats the look of a knitted sweater. That little sweater is cute!

    ReplyDelete