Saturday, February 5, 2011

From The Cold South to The Colder North


Spent this past week in lovely, rainy, cold Georgia ... Ft. Benning.  Who would have thought ... the south, isn't that where the warm weather and sunshine is?  Our trip down was spent trying to drive out of the snow and sleet, the drive back was trying to beat the snow scheduled for us here ... mission accomplished!  The snow didn't start until after 4:00 am when we arrived home.     

And  the biggest mission accomplished of our youngest son who officially graduated from Basic Training with the Infantry in the United States Army.  So very proud, so very full of much emotion, he was a sight to behold in his dress blues and when my husband pinned his blue cord to his uniform.  Yesterday he was just a baby, a boy ...

today he's a grown man, my soldier. 
Have to get settled in and will be back later, blessings to your day and weekend..

9 comments:

  1. touching the heart Gloria...I feel your emotion. Proud Mom....

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Welcome home...I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it home safe Glor. I know that proud feeling you have right now. Have had two sons in the Army and one who's still in. Married to a retired Army Sgt.lol Thank your son for me for his service to our country.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your son's graduation! Your post tok me right back to my brother's graduation from Basic training 6 years ago.
    Glad to hear you made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home, Glor! And congrats to your son. I know you are so proud. I have two sons and I know how you must feel!

    We are finally supposed to crack the freezing temps today. Goodbye snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Glor, so glad to know that you had a great trip and made it back home safe and sound. It seems like there aren't many states that haven't been affected by cold and snow this year? Not many places you could go to get away from it -- unless you wanna come to Kuwait. HA! Congrats to your son! I know you are very proud of your boys. Best wishes to you as you settle back in. xxx Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminded me of my Marines graduation, and brought tears to my eyes. I know you are so proud of him, and I am too. I Thank Him so much! It's a wonderful feeling to watch the graduation ceremony, isn't it. I have never been more proud to be an American than I was that day! Glad you are home safe and sound. Now I have to finish my CAL doily, I had to frog the whole thing. The stitches were too loose and I didn't like how it was turning out. TTYS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to your son and a hug for you! Giving up our sons is the hardest thing mothers have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you made it there and back safely, Gloria. What a proud, yet emotional moment for you all. Congratulations to your son, and kudos to you for raising such a remarkable young man.

    ReplyDelete